- "Radical History in Global Contexts: Connections, Approaches, and Cases," special issue of
Esboços: Histories in Global Context, co-edited Danielle H. Viegas and Robert Kramm
- "Trans-Imperial Anarchism: Cooperatist Communalist Theory and Practice in Imperial Japan," Modern Asian Studies (2020): 1-35.
Invited Lectures, Panels & Presentations:
- "China im Zerrspiegel: Der Zweite Sino-Japanische Krieg und das Chinabild der spanischen
Bürgerkriegspresse 1937-1939" (Julia Lange) & "Knowledge Asymmetries: China as Agent
and Object in (Global) Debates" (Shangshang Wang), Conference papers, XXXIII Annual
Conference of the German Association for Chinese Studies (Jahrestagung der Deutschen
Vereinigung für Chinastudien), Freiburg, forthcoming 19-21 November 2021.
- "A Global History From the Margins: Communal Life in the Early Twentieth Century," Invited
Lecture, RePLITO Visiting Fellows Lecture Series, Institute for Asian and African Studies, HU
Berlin, forthcoming 27 October 2021. (Robert Kramm).
- "Radical Utopian Communities," Invited Seminar, Nissan Institute of Japanese Studies,
University of Oxford, forthcoming 15 October 2021 (Robert Kramm).
- "Back to Nature: COVID-19, Utopia and Socio-Spatial Dynamics in Brazil," Digital Symposium
Epidemics and Othering: The Biopolitics of COVID-19 in Historical and Cultural Perspectives,
Ruhr-University Bochum, 1-2 October 2021 (Danielle Heberle Viegas).
- "From late imperial to Republican China: continuities and ruptures," International Summer
Seminar organized by the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), the French
School of the Far East (EFEO), the School for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences (EHESS)
and Campus France (Orchid Program) in La Rochelle, France, 6-10 September 2021 (Shangshang Wang).
- "Global Histories of Anarchism: Communal Life, Concepts, and Education Between Asia, Europe and Russia in the Twentieth Century," Sektion, 53. Deutscher Historikertag, Munich, September 8-11, 2020 (postponed to October 2021).
- "Cosmopolitanism and Evolutionary Imaginations in Late Qing and Republican China 1906-
1937," International Online Workshop, China and Global History, Institute of East Asian
Studies, University of Vienna, 2 September 2021 (Shangshang Wang).
- "Making Sense of Plants and Animals: A Case Study of Kropotkin's Chinese Refractions,"
online conference 100 Years with and without Kropotkin, 25 August 2021 (Shangshang
- "Anti-State Power: Anarchism, Communal Life, and Radical Politics in the Early Twentieth Century," Panel, Annual Conference of the American Historical Association (AHA), Seattle, January 7-10, 2021 (panel accepted).
Fellowships & Scholarships:
- Visiting Associate Professor, Institute for Research in Humanities (Jinbunken), Kyoto
University, appointed for 1 January to 31 March 2022.
- RePLITO Visiting Fellowship, Institute for Asian and African Studies, HU Berlin, invited for 25
October to 7 November 2021.